Re: [Denemo-devel] 2.0.0 and 1.2.4 bad font

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] 2.0.0 and 1.2.4 bad font
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 09:14:38 +0100

On Fri, 2015-10-16 at 21:30 +0200, Lars Björnfot wrote:

> I have used 1.2.2 which was ok but crashed once in a while. This was
> on Windows 7, and later on Windows 10.
>

> I tried 2.0.0. It gives all text in some bad font, menus and buttons
> become unusable. (see screenshot)

did you reboot? This failure to find fonts happens almost always until
reboot.

> I tried 1.2.4 but it failed same way.

1.2.4 is defective, it fails to install the fonts - unless you have
previously installed on that machine it will fail in that way..

> Any ideas?
>
> I’m just trying it for fun… no panic. J

Well, it will be a panic for me if 2.0.0 is defective in this way. I'm
hoping you didn't re-boot after installing, that would explain it.
You can check that C:\Windows\Fonts\denemo.ttf exists, provided that
exists, rebooting should be enough for windows to find it.

Richard
p.s. the zip file, besides being portable does not have these problems
and should always work, as Jeremiah mentioned.