Re: [Denemo-devel] manipulating page breaks

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] manipulating page breaks
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 17:46:55 +0000

On Sat, 2015-01-10 at 11:13 -0500, Ellen Schwindt wrote:
> Hello Richard and all,
>
>   Richard your last comment was helpful--I found where to force the
> number of systems on a page.

Hmm, that is a rather specialized command - the only case it has been
tested for is song-sheets where the whole thing must be on one page.
But it does serve to force the last page to be four systems instead of
three on the penultimate page and an single system on the last page. I
think there may be something else that would do that properly (something
to do with orphans).

> But I can't make the page turns occur where I want them--the measures
> on pages 4 to the end of the attached file are spread out when they
> need not be. How do I fix that?

Well, you have asked for a page break at bar 44 and another at bar 61 so
the bars in between have to fit on a number of pages. Evidently they
don't fit on one page so they have been spread over two pages, which
spreads the music out to two bars per line instead of three.
In short you may be trying to square the circle here.

Richard