Re: [Denemo-devel] Fairly good news Re: MIDI in on windows binaries

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Fairly good news Re: MIDI in on windows binaries
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 07:26:34 -0600

I reverted the automake stuff (but did not yet commit to git). I ran a test using a function with printf and portmidi it seems to be linking now. I called this one rc4.

Jeremiah

Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
I have tested this. The bad news is:
The denemo-console.exe and denemo.exe are both now running without a
terminal (they are identical files), while lilypond continues to run in
a terminal.
From this it would seem that the -mwindows flag you have been altering
is applying to the make of denemo-console.exe not lilypond.exe or
lilypond-windows.exe.

The good news, however is:

I executed c:\program files\denemo\usr\bin\lilypond.exe from a command
line under windows and it ran without throwing up a terminal.
I tried \denemo\usr\bin\lilypond-windows.exe but this didn't appear to
do anything.
Then I put this whole path

c:\denemo\usr\bin\lilypond-windows.exe

into the Edit->Preferences->Externals as the Path to LilyPond and (for
the first time ever) denemo launched lilypond without a terminal.
Finally I tried just lilypond-windows.exe without the path, it launched
a terminal briefly each time lilypond ran, but only briefly - I suspect
this was a terminal to launch lilypond which then ran without one. (ie a
terminal for a .bat file or something like that).

I will try to put the full path to lilypond-windows.exe into the
executable for G_OS_WIN32 today, and we should have the lilypond launch
thing conquered.

I have no progress to report on the MIDI-in thing though - there is
still no portmidi option, and because denemo-console.exe is now not
running in a terminal I see no messages. Just revert the change to the
-mwindows flag you made to fix this.

Richard