Re: [Denemo-devel] MIDI in on windows binaries

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] MIDI in on windows binaries
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 08:44:51 -0600

On 12/21/2012 08:48 AM, Richard Shann wrote:
On Thu, 2012-12-20 at 14:10 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
When was the last time you were able to see your MIDI keyboard?
Of the versions I have 0.9.5rc6 has MIDI in working. In that version
under MIDI backend there is a drop down selector with PortMidi in it and
below that Input and Output selectors both set at default - the Input
one drops down to show my midi controller.

Since that release I have I have created subdirectories inside portmidi to contain the platform specific portmidi code. Maybe I should our own separate portmidi tarbal so that gub will (hopefully) barf if linking does not happen.

With version 1.0rc1 the MIDI backend is followed by only one drop down
selector showing "none" with no other options available. Running that
version I see a message like "denemo:**Warning** PortMidi backend not
enabled".

Thats strange. the portmidi code is compiling. Unfortunately gub is not giving me much in the logs and I have no way of testing this stuff for windows except in wine. I will try and do some more compiling and testing today. Are you sure you don't need to run that java configuration utility?

Things are similar with the denemo-1.0.0.~rc.3 though I didn't spot that
message, but there is a vast amount of debug (the command loading stuff)
which would be better turned off.

Ok. I will turn that off.

Jeremiah

The lack of anything in the preferences under MIDI backend points to the
portmidi code not being linked in I guess?