Re: [Denemo-devel] insert chord symbols?

From: Ludo Beckers
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] insert chord symbols?
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 18:50:25 +0100

Or maybe one for basic triads and one for further extensions? (and one for /B --> slash bass note)?
Personally I'd be for an interpretor that translates whatever common nomenclature you use into Lilypond syntax.
Like "Bbm7b5" and have denemo translate it.

I'm not a fan btw of the triangle used in Denemo.
The syntax bes:maj7 is really not correct here anyway, since a triangle without a following 7 is free to be interpreted as Bbmaj7 or Bbmaj6.

I haven't come across any examples of Bbmaj6, Bb6 and Bbm6 at all yet (probably I overlooked; didn't check your earlier link 100% completely yet).
Another thing I miss is a repeat symbol like % (with dots instead of ° of course) which I'm used to adding because it helps the visual picture when improvising.

Ludo