[Denemo-devel] [bug #30450] Bugs

From: anonymous
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #30450] Bugs
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 00:15:57 +0000

Follow-up Comment #15, bug #30450 (project denemo):

In print.c the function open_viewer does rather different things depending on
whether the pdf viewer is set or not--if it's set, it uses g_spawn_async- and
as I posted earlier in this thread, that way works as long as you specify the
path without quotes.
If the viewer string is not set, it uses run_file_association.  As far as I
can tell this is the only difference that could be causing the one way (viewer
specified) to work and the other way (not specified) to not work.
[And the answer to the concern I had in my earlier post as to whether the
idea of specifying the verb to "open" might cause problems when the viewer is
set, appears to not be a problem.]

I don't see anything that could go wrong in run_file_association other than
that the "verb" is left up to the decision of windows rather than specified.
Setting it (the second param) to "open" can't in any way I see harm anything
(unless this command is used to do other things like run an .exe?) and it just
might resolve this issue.  Maybe to be safe,  make it a new parameter to the
function run_file_association (in utils.c) with default value of NULL, and
have the call from print.c set it to "open".
Does this seem plausible?
-DW

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?30450>

  Message sent via/by Savannah