Re: [Denemo-devel] JACK midi out

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] JACK midi out
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 20:48:22 +0000

On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 14:33 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> Ok. I will look at this and test it more. I thought the user pointer
> is different if Jack is used.

No, the whole moving on of the display involves recognizing when drawing
that you have just hit the "now playing" object ...
This is done by pointer comparison only - no de-referencing, as the
object could be deleted by the user.
I can only imagine that passing garbage to jack as the device etc is
just working by accident...
you just need to pick up the track object's user pointer.