Re: [Denemo-devel] JACK midi out

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] JACK midi out
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 14:33:11 -0600

On Feb 2, 2010, at 10:48 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

Jeremiah, I have been looking at the midi out code for JACK that you
have cloned from fluid.c
I was thinking that most of the code in jackmidi_play_smf_event() should
be in a common function with the fluid code. Looking at it, I then
became puzzled by
    event = smf_get_next_event(si->smf);
    DP = si->playingnow = event->user_pointer;
This looks like it won't work and you shouldn't get any MIDI out with
this code. So first question is does it work?

Yes. It worked fine. I did not test it extensively. I only testing single staff output.

What seems wrong is that the DP object is in the user_pointer of the
smf_track_t object, whereas the user_pointer of the smf_event_t objects
points to the DenemoObject that gave rise to the midi event.

Ok. I will look at this and test it more. I thought the user pointer is different if Jack is used.