[Denemo-devel] JACK midi out

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] JACK midi out
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 16:48:03 +0000

Jeremiah, I have been looking at the midi out code for JACK that you
have cloned from fluid.c
I was thinking that most of the code in jackmidi_play_smf_event() should
be in a common function with the fluid code. Looking at it, I then
became puzzled by
     event = smf_get_next_event(si->smf);
     DP = si->playingnow = event->user_pointer;
This looks like it won't work and you shouldn't get any MIDI out with
this code. So first question is does it work?

What seems wrong is that the DP object is in the user_pointer of the
smf_track_t object, whereas the user_pointer of the smf_event_t objects
points to the DenemoObject that gave rise to the midi event.