Re: [Denemo-devel] Print Preview Pane.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Print Preview Pane.
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 17:24:17 +0000

On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 09:25 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 08:50 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> > On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 19:13 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> > > I have created a print preview pane. It is currently populated by
> > > running Print Excerpt from the File menu.
> > > On my LilyPond (2.8.7) I notice that the .png output is defective -
> > > uneven length lines of music. Does anyone else see this?
>
> Is this on print excerpt or when you save as png? Print excerpt seems to
> be broken for me for now.
It has been working for me; I have now separated it from poplulating the
print preview (so the code should now be what it was at the last
release) so it is worth checking again.
> If I have time I will look into why that is
> happening.
>
> > I think this will be due to the line
> > about ragged-right in the special prolog issued for print excerpt.
> > Jeremiah - can you comment on how you arrived at this prolog???
> > For the Print Preview pane we will want something that looks the same as
> > the final PDF will look of course.
>
> I got this from looking at the code when you click on an example at
> lilypond.org. Every example defined something like:
>
> #(define dump-extents #t)
>
>   indent = 0\mm
>   line-width = 160\mm - 2.0 * 0.4\in
>   ragged-right = ##t
>   force-assignment = #""
>   line-width = #(- line-width (* mm  3.000000))
>
> >From the manual ragged-right does this:
>
> ragged-right
>
>         If set to true, systems will not fill the line width. Instead,
>         systems end at their natural horizontal length. Default: ##f.
>
>         If the score has only one system, the default value is ##t.
>
> I hope that helps.
Yes, it seems that none of that is a pre-requisite for generating .png,
but if you are wanting to create a .png of just one or two measures then
ragged-last at least needs to be #t

Richard