Re: [Denemo-devel] Print Preview Pane.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Print Preview Pane.
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 08:50:11 +0000

On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 19:13 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> I have created a print preview pane. It is currently populated by
> running Print Excerpt from the File menu.
> It is possible to capture a bit map from this pane, and the result can
> then be view as it becomes the graphic associated with LilyPond
> directives.
It will also be trivial to create cursors from this pane - so we can
customize the denemo gui to show a quarter-note cursor when the
prevailing duration is quarter-note etc.
Come to think of it, we do not have commands to set the cursor (from a
script) - for example, commands that are waiting for a keypress from the
user could display a particular cursor.
We will need some file-naming conventions for storing the graphic items
and cursors: the command that the item belongs to could be used for
this, and if a command needs more than one such we could derive further
names from the command name.
One way to do this would be to follow the convention we have for
variables inside scheme so

Beam::Start
Beam::End

might be the names of cursors used when inserting manual beaming (an
unrealistic example, no doubt).
However - does anyone know if :: is allowed in Windows filenames (and
any other filesystems of interest - it is fine in Unix). I rather
suspect not...