Re: [Denemo-devel] Print Preview Pane.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Print Preview Pane.
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 09:16:18 +0000

Two questions:
        I keep on referring to the little graphic items that will be pasted
into the music when Denemo Directives are inserted (things like Double
barlines ...), there is name for these, but I can't recall it (icons,
cursors, glyphs, sprites... what are they called?)
        We need to store these in a file. The easiest thing to do is just to
store the array of char that we have in memory. We know the width and
height, so we don't need to do more than just store the chars in the
same way that we need them back again. That's fine and avoids endianness
questions and so on, BUT does such a file have an established name, as a
file format? (It is the char array that would appear in the xbm file,
where the last char of each row can contain padding).
Richard