Re: [Denemo-devel] Print Preview Pane.

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Print Preview Pane.
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 09:25:33 -0600

On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 08:50 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 19:13 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> > I have created a print preview pane. It is currently populated by
> > running Print Excerpt from the File menu.
> > On my LilyPond (2.8.7) I notice that the .png output is defective -
> > uneven length lines of music. Does anyone else see this?

Is this on print excerpt or when you save as png? Print excerpt seems to
be broken for me for now. If I have time I will look into why that is
happening.

> I think this will be due to the line
> about ragged-right in the special prolog issued for print excerpt.
> Jeremiah - can you comment on how you arrived at this prolog???
> For the Print Preview pane we will want something that looks the same as
> the final PDF will look of course.

I got this from looking at the code when you click on an example at
lilypond.org. Every example defined something like:

#(define dump-extents #t)

  indent = 0\mm
  line-width = 160\mm - 2.0 * 0.4\in
  ragged-right = ##t
  force-assignment = #""
  line-width = #(- line-width (* mm  3.000000))

>From the manual ragged-right does this:

ragged-right

        If set to true, systems will not fill the line width. Instead,
        systems end at their natural horizontal length. Default: ##f.

        If the score has only one system, the default value is ##t.

I hope that helps.