Re: [Denemo-devel] Multiple lilypond postfix

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Multiple lilypond postfix
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 09:43:00 +0000

On Sun, 2008-12-28 at 18:56 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> So if I want to add a postfix fingering of -2. Later I want to
> append
> \3 with another script. at the moment if I create this commands with
> the menu it replaces the old postfix with the new one. should all
> postfix lilypond append by default? This would make it easier on a
> user creating a script but could possibly lead to appending things
> like -3-2. I suppose that can be easily fixed once the user renders
> the score and the would seek a way to manually  edit the string or
> delete the string and start over. I can see myself adding postfix
> that
> contins left hand / right hand fingering, glissando/string bending
> as
> well as string number.
If you want to tweak the position of one of these annotations (e.g. move
the right-hand fingering number to one side a bit) do you have to prefix
the note with something, as you do with adjusting the position of
\markup in an ordinary LilyPondDirective? (See File->Open Example->Text
Position.denemo).
If so, we should have a prefix text as well as a postfix text; and
correspondingly we should make the LilyPondDirective capable of
prefixing the previous object with text - so that the
TextPosition.denemo example would become simpler, involving only a
single LilyPond directive).