Re: [Denemo-devel] Beginner's questions

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Beginner's questions
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 18:16:40 +0000

On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 17:16 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Friday 05 December 2008 10:21:40 Richard Shann wrote:
>
> > Well, it isn't really, its just that being so short it fits on one line.
>
> So I thought at first, but as soon as I enter a single word of lyrics it
> splits the output onto 2 lines.
LilyPond does a lot of thinking about how to lay the music out - why it
should decide to use to lines when just a single lyric is added I don't
know...
>  No change of score length, only width if
> you see what I mean. Never mind, anyway.
>
> > > Would you mind forwarding the template to me that you've put into the
> > > git repository?
> >
> > attached, but it would be better to replace the \voiceOne etc with the
> > Denemo built-in things...
>
> OK, thanks. I've laid out the XML to look at it;
do you mean the gunzipped .denemo file? I wish we could get that
formatted nicely.
>  I'll do the same with the
> existing SATB+piano template
I cannot vouch for the quality of this template - does it use
PianoContext start and end for example?
Richard