Re: [Denemo-devel] Beginner's questions

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Beginner's questions
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 10:21:40 +0000

On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 10:46 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:

> > > wraps.

> > > Ah! Now it is wrapping, since I started entering lyrics. Have I
> > > stumbled on
> > > a bug? It certainly doesn't wrap without the lyrics. This is
> > > repeatable; I
> > > can attach the .denemo file if you like.
> >
> > yes please, I don't know what you can mean!
> > Richard
>
> OK, here it is. On my system, the postscript output forces the whole score
> onto a single line of four staves
Well, it isn't really, its just that being so short it fits on one line.
If you want to make it more spread out horizontally you would need to
tell LilyPond that, which would mean reading the LilyPond docs. You can,
within Denemo say that you want the whole thing in a larger typeface
which will force it on to two lines (Edit->score properties).

> (this dates from before my attempts to
> put two voices on one stave); but as soon as I start putting lyrics in, the
> output is folded onto two lines of four, right-justified if I can put it
> like that.
>
> Would you mind forwarding the template to me that you've put into the git
> repository?
attached, but it would be better to replace the \voiceOne etc with the
Denemo built-in things...