Features for a new release. (was Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi output faulty f

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Features for a new release. (was Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi output faulty for whole measure rests in 4/2 time)
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 19:19:12 +0000

On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 12:34 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 17:06 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 11:21 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> > > On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 15:46 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> > I'm still working on the mouse pointer when dragging notes etc.
> > Any thoughts on what the next release might contain?
>
> Well things that I would like to see (I have not seen the roadmap and
> some of these things are probably already a feature)
>
> importmidi breaking voices into other staffs
(ok - I don't know what this is about, I guess because I have never used
importmidi in earnest)

> diatonic and real transposition
I think transposition is fairly important.

> a way to add either add barline at cursor position (this way a script
> can be written that uses the existing method to remove barlines and then
> readd them). So in other words a re-beaming tool. An example of where
> this would be useful is when you have a tune in your head that your are
> transcribing and you notate it down in denemo starting on beat 1. You
> then listen to the recording again and realize oops its actually on beat
> 4. The re-beaming tool can help with this. It seems like a very easy
> feature to add but I may be diluting myself. It may also be a current
> feature that I failed to notice.
I did add a couple of simple scripts to insert/delete a barline. If you
wanted to do a whole piece moving all the barlines on by one beat I
guess that could be scripted, but that can be done without releasing a
new version of Denemo - we just have to post up a script. I think the
mouse manipulation stuff is enough reason to release (once it is
finished); is there something else that we can get done in the same time
frame - say in a month's time?