Re: [Denemo-devel] runtime dependencies ?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] runtime dependencies ?
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 19:30:22 +0100

On Sun, 2008-10-19 at 14:02 -0400, Yves de Champlain wrote:
> that is not exactly my experience
>
> I  use ubuntu 7.0.4 and denemo 0.7.9
>
> If I open a gnome or xfce session, selection works both with mouse
> drag and with the arrows as you mention.
>
> If I open a kde session on the same system, I can't select a single
> note, arrows won't help either.
>

> This kde behavior is exactly the same I get on MacOSX.
This is very strange - Denemo select is just gtk programming stuff -
nothing to do with window managers etc (I know because I've just been in
there fixing what happens when you mouse click beyond the last measure).
So, first let's eliminate anything to do with the mouse: there is a
command

MainMenu->Edit->Select->Set Mark

which you can assign a keypress to.
If you enter some notes then put the cursor on one of them, hit the key
that activates Set Mark, you should get a blue square on a note. Even if
you don't get the blue square if you then press Ctrl-X it should delete
the note. Even without the drawing working, on saving and re-loading
this file the note should be gone.
So, is it gone?