Re: [Denemo-devel] Unreadable files after save

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Unreadable files after save
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:12:06 +0000

> It seems the problem was with empty measures. At least
> that's what Denemo told me when I saved.
The warning about empty measures is just because the loader puts a
non-printing rest when re-loading these. There was a bug to do with
keysignature changes or clef changes or some such which I fixed some
time ago which is likely to have been the problem.

> Thanks for your kind help. Given a bit of time, I will
> do my bit by translating Denemo to Norwegian Nynorsk
> (language code nn or nn_NO). I have translated a bit
> of software before, and feel up to the task.
If you do have any time, the greatest benefit (even to Norwegians!)
would come from exploring the program and trying to find reproducible
crashes and reporting these. I've never used Undo for instance - I would
be surprised if it worked in all circumstances. Nothing that I use it
for crashes, but I am sure there are quite a few horrors in there.
Failing that (and it is a lot to ask) just some feedback on what you use
it for, and how, would be very welcome. For example - am I right in
thinking that the Midi playback of your piece ignores the transposing
nature of the instruments giving an Ives-like aspect to the piece?
Thank you for your interest!
Richard