dctc-general

Re: [Dctc-general] dctc/dc_gui2 download dont start

From: Jan Banan
Subject: Re: [Dctc-general] dctc/dc_gui2 download dont start
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 10:58:52 +0100

I've recently upgraded (built myself) to dctc 0.85.6 and dc_gui2 0.77
(on RedHat 9) and now when I try to download files from ppl the download
dont start :-( The GDL's are there but they are in "Waiting" mode forever.

This is a well known problem (see the forum for more information). The only conclusion I have is the problem comes from something on your system. Several tests were made and until now, no solution was found. I have made somes tests with friends and with everything identical (including ISP) except the distribution, the program may or may not work. Redhat is mainly in the "not work" side, the debian is totally in the "work" side

When looking in the mailinglist archive I find one guy (Petter Sundlöf) who seem to have the exactly same problem, but with Debian! :) Hehe...
Noone seem to have replied:
   http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/dctc-general/2003-10/msg00004.html
He uses active mode and I'm using both modes but mainly passive mode, so I think the problem has nothing to do with the mode one are using. I suppose the problem is in dctc and not in dc_gui2.

I guess there must have been some kind of not so good change in the dctc code between 0.85.2 and 0.85.5. I'd like to help finding that and provide more details about the problem. What happens when a GDL is in Waiting mode? What makes it switch to start download? Maybe I should try strace dctc?

Best,
Jan

PS. You say I should see the forum for more information, but I cant find it on http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/dctc , only a maillist. But maybe that was what you meant?