dctc-general

Re: [Dctc-general] dctc/dc_gui2 download dont start

From: eric
Subject: Re: [Dctc-general] dctc/dc_gui2 download dont start
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 07:36:50 +0100

Hi,

> I've recently upgraded (built myself) to dctc 0.85.6 and dc_gui2 0.77
> (on RedHat 9) and now when I try to download files from ppl the download
> dont start :-( The GDL's are there but they are in "Waiting" mode forever.

This is a well known problem (see the forum for more information). The only
conclusion I have is the problem comes from something on your system. Several
tests were made and until now, no solution was found. I have made somes tests
with friends and with everything identical (including ISP) except the
distribution, the program may or may not work. Redhat is mainly in the "not
work" side, the debian is totally in the "work" side and the mandrake is not
very sure :) The 9.0 works, the 9.2 works, a 9.0 updated with 9.1 packages
works but the 9.1 does not seem to work.