dctc-general

Re: [Dctc-general] A couple of old wishes from debian users

From: Grzegorz B. Prokopski
Subject: Re: [Dctc-general] A couple of old wishes from debian users
Date: 04 Jun 2003 19:13:59 +0200

W liście z śro, 04-06-2003, godz. 18:25, eric pisze:
> > PS: Yesterday, while turning off my computer I again forgot to run
> > dcgui to stop all dctcs that were running. And today I again have
> > tons of half-fetched files in GDL directory which are not listed
> > by dcgui as "Unattached". Is there anything I can do?
>
> I don't understand how the .cmd file can be trashed because it is updated
> only
> to add sources. My computer has crashed with partition corruption (bad disk
> sector) and I have either lost the whole directory or I have it fully
> fonctionnal. My Partition format was in ext3 and reseirfs (but now, I no more
> use it because it is too easy to lost the whole partition content when a
> sector becomes faulty).
The strange thing is that the .cmd files are in place and their
content looks normal. It must be sth. else, maybe with the .lock
file? How does the .lock mechanism works in dctc/dcgui?

Sometimes after copying .lock file from onother GDL source,
touching it or sth. - the dcgui starts to see that GDL source
again. However I was unable to find any clear algorigthm or conditions
that would explain when and why is it so.

Aren't you doing some time/date checks on .lock files?
If yes - what are the checks and where (in the code)?
I may even go down to debugging it if necessary.

                                Grzegorz B. Prokopski

--
Grzegorz B. Prokopski <address@hidden>
Debian http://www.debian.org/