dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] compile problem

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] compile problem
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 22:45:53 +0200

Benjamin Adler wrote:
As secoff, I set DAZ Scanner to 1/On for /sbin/devfsd and the example program. The message on startup is indeed gone now. But the problem remains, example cannot register with dazuko. The relevant strace output still says:

So, I finally installed devfs with 2.6.8.1-rsbac myself to see what the problem was. You should have been seeing the error message:

dazuko: unable to register device chrdev, err=-16

This is because there is a bug in the Dazuko/RSBAC code for 2.6.x. Looking over at how the normal Dazuko Linux 2.6.x code does it, it was easy to spot the problem. I have fixed the code but it is only available through CVS.

$ env CVS_RSH="ssh" cvs -z3 \
-d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/dazuko \
co dazuko

Just copy the dazuko_rsbac.c file to:

/usr/src/linux/rsbac/adf/daz/daz_main.c

and recompile your kernel. Then it should work.

I also noticed that devfsd is creating the dazuko device with permissions of "600 root:root". This means that unless you change the permissions, you will have to be root to access /dev/dazuko. I am sure there is a way to specify what devfsd should do when creating device nodes, but I do not know it.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer