cuadrantes-espiral

[Cuadrantes-espiral] Can we install a power-wiki in the new server?

From: Quim Gil
Subject: [Cuadrantes-espiral] Can we install a power-wiki in the new server?
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 09:38:00 +0100 (BST)

Hi Simon, hi Tony (hi espiral admins)

We are entering a new state of development of
http://desdeamericaconamor.org in which we convert the
website in a decentralized effort of publishing and
discussion.

For that we want to istall the application on which is
based http://everything2.org . It's like a wiki but a
bitr more complex (user have different degrees based
on their experience and contributions, users can vote
texts, etc).

The app is programmed in PERL and to install it we
would need to modify some stuff in the DSVR server
that only root users can modify (remember the old
Campsite song?). So we are wondering wether it would
be possible to install the app in the new server or
not.

And a question: does the new server run on Debian or
Apache or...?

Thank you.

Quim