cuadrantes-espiral

[Cuadrantes-espiral] More about the web server

From: Quim Gil
Subject: [Cuadrantes-espiral] More about the web server
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:11:06 +0100 (BST)

Hi Simon, hi Tony.

First (and urgent) we really need to delete stuff from
the old DSVR server:

284,909 KB / max 307,200 KB (92.74 %)

Users admin, control01 and web are above 95% and when
this happens problems begin to arise. Actually we are
having problems in the espiral forum and maibe caused
for this. So please, can you have a look and delete
stuff you are not using (or move them to the new
server)?

Thank you.

On the other hand, DSVR has answered to that problem
of the http not working properly:

----------------

Hi,

A long time to restart the webserver is usually
indicative of some sort of name server resolution
failure. If you have lots of unresolvable names
configured, each must timeout before the server can
process the next in your config.

>From glancing at your webserver error log
(/var/log/httpd/error_log) you can see numerous names
which fail to resolve :

Sun Aug 25 18:39:36 2002] [error] Cannot resolve host
name weirdgirl.org --- ignoring!
[Sun Aug 25 18:39:36 2002] [error] Cannot resolve host
name www.weirdgirl.org --- ignoring!
[Sun Aug 25 18:39:36 2002] [error] Cannot resolve host
name supermodest.org --- ignoring!
[Sun Aug 25 18:39:36 2002] [error] Cannot resolve host
name www.supermodest.org --- ignoring!
[Sun Aug 25 18:39:36 2002] [error] Cannot resolve host
name photofever.org --- ignoring!
[Sun Aug 25 18:39:36 2002] [error] Cannot resolve host
name www.photofever.org --- ignoring!
[Sun Aug 25 18:39:36 2002] [error] Cannot resolve host
name fromamericawithamor.org --- ignoring!
[Sun Aug 25 18:39:36 2002] [error] Cannot resolve host
name www.fromamericawithamor.org --- ignoring!

It is always a good idea to remove stale config such
as this, as it generally improves the system as a
whole.

Best regards,

I've deleted the four wrong entries from the
webserver. One of thos was mine
(fromamericawithamor.org) and once I've checked what's
going on I will restore it. You know the other
domains, so you can do the rest, OK?

I hope the holidays have made you new men.  :)

Quim