Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Re: gjdoc

From: Julian Scheid
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Re: gjdoc
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 22:37:23 +0100

Brian Jones wrote:
> Let me know when the taglet exists so I can see about getting the
> @copyright tags added to every source file.

Taglet support is now at the very top of my priority list, but I spent
my spare time in the last weeks on another major refactoring of Gjdoc
which I felt was necessary in order to remove the ugly
System.exec("xsltproc") dependency.

The new version will use JAXP for transformation and no longer depend
on the xsl:document extension, making it fully XSLT 1.0 and JAXP
compliant. I'm working on it right now and nearly done, and will care
about Taglets next.

> I don't think my Red
> Hat 8.0 gcj can compile the gcj resources... seems to be hanging.

I don't know which version ships with RedHat 8.0, but 3.2.2 works fine
for me, as do 2.95.2 and 2.95.3.

Also note that native compilation is a feature, but not a necessity. I
didn't try to run gjdoc.jar on one of the free VMs recently, though.

BTW I'd be glad to get more input - did anybody except me get it
running at all?

Julian