Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Re: gjdoc

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Re: gjdoc
Date: 06 Feb 2003 20:03:04 -0500

Nic Ferrier <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't like the idea of recommending xalan (which is why I hope to
> write this libxslt wrapper).
>
> I know that libxml uses the MIT licence (which one? expat? X11?) but
> it's obviously GPL compatible. Since one GNU project is already
> relying on it I think it's safe for gjdoc to rely on it.

I don't like the schism between the GPL and Apache licensing.  The FSF
says the software is fine to use on it's web page on licensing but you
can't use it with GPL software.  Jakarta/Apache just have a ton of
effort going into a lot of areas and to me their software is more
"free" than GNU GPL any day.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>