[Cp-tools-discuss] cvs re-org and contributors/copyright assignment

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: [Cp-tools-discuss] cvs re-org and contributors/copyright assignment
Date: 04 Apr 2002 22:33:31 -0800

Hi Nic and others,

Long time, no see (e-mail)! ;-)

I got this message from Danny Sadinoff ("DS" below), but I didn't know
what the status is viz-a-vi contributions, copyright and being a GNU
project.  Here's what he asked for:

DS> 1) please add me as a developer on this project

Here's my reply:

AL> Thanks for volunteering.  I'd be happy to go ahead and do that,
AL> but since it's part of GNU Classpath (a subproject) you may need
AL> to assign copyright to the FSF for the changes (unless you've
AL> already signed copyright for GNU Classpath previously).  I'm sort
AL> of new to this, so I'm not sure how large a change needs to be
AL> before you need to a (C) assignment.  Perhaps Nic Ferrier (who's
AL> on this list) will know.

Wondering if you had any thoughts, and/or know who we should ask...

Also, just wondering what the status was regarding the CVS reorg.  If
you get time, please do go ahead and move things in their correct
subdirectories (e.g. in gjdoc), and delete the duplicate
"texinfo-doclet" subdirectory in cp-tools (which should probably be
renamed to "misc") I can then easily go ahead and fix any build
problems that may arise.

There's not much point fixing the build problems until the CVS is in
the right shape...

Thanks,

Alex
--