Re: Which Coreutils Programs Use Non-Numeric Input/Data?

From: William Bader
Subject: Re: Which Coreutils Programs Use Non-Numeric Input/Data?
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 01:43:41 +0000

I think that KLEE uses llvm to compile C programs to bytecode and then has a
bytecode interpreter that checks the coverage of test cases and a solver that
tries to generate test cases that completely cover the code.  The person who
asked the question is probably looking for programs like 'tr' or 'sort' that
can take unstructured random text for input. The KLEE paper is at
http://llvm.org/pubs/2008-12-OSDI-KLEE.pdf and the start of the second page has
examples from coreutils.
To the person who asked the question, a list of the coreutils with links to
descriptions and man pages is at
http://www.maizure.org/projects/decoded-gnu-coreutils/
Regard, William