Re: [certi-dev] Deadlock with jcerti

From: Jan-Patrick Osterloh
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Deadlock with jcerti
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 11:05:41 +0200

Hi Eric,

--- Quoted from Eric Noulard (Date: 15.10.2012 10:24): ---
> 2012/10/15 Jan-Patrick Osterloh <address@hidden>:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> here is the patch. I added a class in the logging package for reading
>> the streams and putting it into the logger. You may want to change the
>> logger or the logging function. This class is then attached to the RTIA
>> process, which is created in the CertiRtiaAmbassador.
> The patch looks ok to me I'll test it soon.
>
> Your analysis of the problem is sound.
> I did manage to reproduce the lock with RTIA=D in the environment
> but I had to wait for a couple of minute before deadlock.
>
> This should heavily depends on default buffer size of TCP socket
> (should be 16ko on linux for ipv4).
>
> Thanks for investigating this and for the patch.
>
> By the way did the patch works as expected for you?
> i.e. no more lock?

Yes, this resolved the problem, no more lock at this point. I tried also
if this resolved the initial problem I had (why I enabled the
debugging), but it didn't. I had also a lock, when I run a combination
of HLA 1.3 Java plus HLA1516 C++ in one federation. I start my C
Federation from Java, and for initial synchronisation I joined from Java
side and registered my synchronisation point. But then the java hangs,
and my whole sim is waiting. I switched to a C++ Federate instead of
Java and it works now, and I can live with that workaround, as I don't
have time to debug this in more details.

Thanks again for your help!

Kind regards
JPO

--
Dipl. Inform. Jan-Patrick Osterloh
FuE Bereich Verkehr | R&D Division Transportation

OFFIS
FuE Bereich Verkehr | R&D Division Transport
Escherweg 2 - 26121 Oldenburg - Germany
Phone/Fax: +49 441 97 22-524/502
E-Mail: address@hidden