Re: [certi-dev] Deadlock with jcerti

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Deadlock with jcerti
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 21:27:06 +0200

2012/10/8 Jan-Patrick Osterloh <address@hidden>:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently using jcerti in my environment, and I have troubles with
> some "deadlock". During initialisation, my program hangs in
> rtia.publishObjectClass(classHandle, attributes);
> The method does not return and hangs. Any idea what that could be, or I
> can debug this?

I don't really what could be the cause of that.

Does this *always* happend or does it sometimes work?

Is your application using rtia object in a concurrent fashion?
i.e. does several thread use the same rtia object ?

If this is the case may be there is a race, could you try to serialize
the access to the object using some Java lock or monitor?

Concerning the debugging you should be able to debug into the call
but if it is racy may be debugging it would make the problem disappear...

You may try to bump the logger trace level, that way we may
have more clue were the deadlock occurs.

I don't remember right now how to do it.
May be something like defining the jcerti.logLevel to appropriate value is
the way to go. If you don't find your way in the Java code I'll find out
tomorrow.

http://www.le-message.org