Re: [certi-dev] IEEE1516 includes

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] IEEE1516 includes
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 19:26:15 +0200

2008/9/30 Jean-Philippe Lebel <address@hidden>:
> While developing the HlaToolbox for Matlab, I had to go through all the
> differences between every implementation of the HLA Standard.
>
> Hla 1.3 is pretty straight forward and most of the manufacturer uses the DLC
> compliant API. Mak, Pitch, Virtc and Portico. Certi is missing some region
> related code to be HLA 1.3 DLC Compliant (last time I checked).

I would really interested in having a more precise
"what is missing" comment on the list and/or bug report.

> Regarding IEEE1516, the story is a quite different:
> Pitch DOESN'T use the DLC API although the differences are small (the
> namespace is not the same and some function use non-const parameters). I
> know they have an internal DLC compliant API but they don't plan on
> releasing it.)
> Mak is IEEE1516 DLC compliant
> Portico: work in progress but will support IEEE516DLC
> Virtual Technologies still works on their 1516 binding but will be DLC
> Compliant.
>
> They **all** use the same folder hierarchy as Mak (include\RTI\*.h)
>
> I hope this helps.

Yes this helps.
We should use the same hierarchy in order to ease the switch from one
RTI to another one
__unless__ we have good reason not to do so.

We should target IEEE-1516 DLC compliance, regarding HLA 1.3 DLC I don't know
I would say it depends on the real needs from user.

CERTI development should target norm SISO (or IEEE) compliance with biais
geared toward the user needs.

Thank you for your comment I'll update C++ 1516 includes using the SISO
provided ones, we may support HLA 1.3 DLC header if the need is clear.