Re: [certi-dev] IEEE1516 includes

From: Jean-Philippe Lebel
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] IEEE1516 includes
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:20:32 -0400

While developing the HlaToolbox for Matlab, I had to go through all the differences between every implementation of the HLA Standard.

Hla 1.3 is pretty straight forward and most of the manufacturer uses the DLC compliant API. Mak, Pitch, Virtc and Portico. Certi is missing some region related code to be HLA 1.3 DLC Compliant (last time I checked).

Regarding IEEE1516, the story is a quite different:
Pitch DOESN'T use the DLC API although the differences are small (the namespace is not the same and some function use non-const parameters). I know they have an internal DLC compliant API but they don't plan on releasing it.)
Mak is IEEE1516 DLC compliant
Portico: work in progress but will support IEEE516DLC
Virtual Technologies still works on their 1516 binding but will be DLC Compliant.

They **all** use the same folder hierarchy as Mak (include\RTI\*.h)

I hope this helps.

JPL

Gotthard, Petr wrote:
Besides the two you mentioned I have also this one.
ftp:\\ftp.mak.com\out\Final_DLC_APIs.zip

It's a package of C++/Java API for HLA1.3/HLA1516. Although stored on
MAK server, it's the standard DLC API described by the SISO 2004
standard. The MAK RTI uses the same files (plus some more that are
implementation-specifc).

The package contains also DLC API for HLA1.3, but MAK RTI doesn't use
it. They use the HLA-NG like CERTI does. This is how include of MAK RTI
looks like:

include\baseTypes.hh
include\federateAmbServices.hh
include\fedtime.hh
include\makRti.h
include\NullFederateAmbassador.hh
include\RTI.hh
include\RTIambServices.hh
include\RTItypes.hh
include\RTI\Enums.h
include\RTI\Exception.h
include\RTI\FederateAmbassador.h
include\RTI\Handle.h
include\RTI\LogicalTime.h
include\RTI\LogicalTimeFactory.h
include\RTI\logicalTimeFactoryImpl.h
include\RTI\logicalTimeFactoryImplFloat.h
include\RTI\logicalTimeFactoryImplInteger.h
include\RTI\logicalTimeImpl.h
include\RTI\logicalTimeImplFloat.h
include\RTI\logicalTimeImplInteger.h
include\RTI\LogicalTimeInterval.h
include\RTI\logicalTimeIntervalImpl.h
include\RTI\logicalTimeIntervalImplFloat.h
include\RTI\logicalTimeIntervalImplInteger.h
include\RTI\NullFederateAmbassador.h
include\RTI\RangeBounds.h
include\RTI\RTI1516.h
include\RTI\RTIambassador.h