Re: NameNotFound error

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: NameNotFound error
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 10:17:41 +0200

2007/8/30, Forty Nine <address@hidden>:
> --- Eric Noulard <address@hidden> wrote:.
> >
> > Is this feature blocking for your use of CERTI?
> > Moreover may you tell us the context of your CERTI
> > usage?
>
> This is not blocking for me, since the fed file I am
> using luckily does not seem to have any duplicates.

Ok then we will fix it but not with no-booster priority.
If ever you face fed file with duplicates
and we did not fix the bug yet
do not hesitate to knock gently on the tracker
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20935

> I am a researcher at the RAND Corporation
> (http://www.rand.org) and am using CERTI as an HLA
> interface between one of our simulation engines and
> the Delta3d visualization system. Our hope is to take
> the current two-dimensional, top-down view of JCATS
> and use Delta3d to both interact with the simulation
> and create more realistic visualizations. We know that
> JCATS has an HLA bridge, so CERTI seems like the best
> way to interface the two, though we're also exploring
> using DIS.

Ok nice.
Thank you for this explanation.
It's valuable to know what user do with CERTI (when possible :=)

> Thanks for all your help, and I hope I can contribute
> to the CERTI project in return.

Patches/contribution/bug report are always welcome.

Next year should make CERTI IEEE-1516 compliant (at least partially)
so user test on the new/updated features will be welcomed too.

As usual with open source software your favorite way to contribute
is the good one.