Re: NameNotFound error

From: Forty Nine
Subject: Re: NameNotFound error
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:40:35 -0700 (PDT)

--- Eric Noulard <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2007/8/30, Forty Nine <address@hidden>:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I am getting a NameNotFound error when trying to
> get
> > the ObjectClassHandle and was wondering if I am
> doing
> > it wrong.
>
> No all is right.
>

> > Does CERTI not allow qualified names?  If I just
> use
> > the PhysicalEntity, there is no exception, but
> > qualified names work under other RTIs (I am told,
> this
> >  "just works" for other people using commercial
> RTIs).
>
> CERTI does not support qualified name ... yet :))
> Bug is open:
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?20935
>
> As you noticed you may get the handle using
> leaf node name as a consequence you will get
> a error if your FED contains duplicate name.
>
> Is this feature blocking for your use of CERTI?
> Moreover may you tell us the context of your CERTI
> usage?

This is not blocking for me, since the fed file I am
using luckily does not seem to have any duplicates.

I am a researcher at the RAND Corporation
(http://www.rand.org) and am using CERTI as an HLA
interface between one of our simulation engines and
the Delta3d visualization system. Our hope is to take
the current two-dimensional, top-down view of JCATS
and use Delta3d to both interact with the simulation
and create more realistic visualizations. We know that
JCATS has an HLA bridge, so CERTI seems like the best
way to interface the two, though we're also exploring
using DIS.

Thanks for all your help, and I hope I can contribute
to the CERTI project in return.

Jeff

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for
today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.