brad

Re: [Brad] Kaboom! Error output

From: Francesco Anselmo
Subject: Re: [Brad] Kaboom! Error output
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 10:41:28 +0000

Hi Scott,

On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 11:28, Scott Walters wrote:
> Hi Francesco &co,
>
> ./.blender/scripts/brad/gui/ExportSettingswin.py:173: DeprecationWarning:
> integer argument expected, got float
>
> Button(msg_Ok,self.okE,self.LocX+10,self.LocY-self.Height+10,self.Width/3-6,20)
> cannot create camera file for frame n. 1
>
> D'oh!

The deprecation warning is not related to the problem, I think in this
case you should simply make sure that the export folder exists (you can
set it in the PROGRAM/Preferences menu, and then restart Blender).
I must add some try/except in this case, so I'm taking a note and the
next release will probably include a more informative warning.

> That's from Blender 2.36. I've never been able to run a Python proram without
> something blowing up. (flame, troll, flame). It seems every minor version has
> backwards incompatability in the core language and APIs. I must have tried to
> get bittorrent working a dozen times...

That was really annoying at the beginning. When I started coding b/rad
everything was changing so that I had to rewrite many things every week
or so, but now everything is more quiet, even though the Python API is
always including something new every day ...

> Anyway, that's just doing the example in the tutorial that triggered that.
> I did export some simplier objects earlier just to see what the output of Brad
> was like (it's nice and clean, yay!) without stumbling upon this.

Thanks, I still need to fix something with the xform and instances
support (like adding vertex normals when required) and the mesh export
(works fine with textures, but exports only one material per mesh, at
the moment).

> Er, eh, ehm, anyway. I'll probably try to fix this myself in the morning but
> I'm no good with Python so if you beat me to it I won't be sad ;)

Don't have much time right now, I think I'll start working again on
b/rad later this year, too many things to do and my little one requires
some attention, too ...

> And either way, thought you might like to know.

Of course, thanks for your feedback and help debugging :)

Francesco

PS:
can you also sign up to the mailing-list with the scott at illogics dot org
address? This way I shouldn't have to check and accept your emails with the ml
interface.