Re: [be] Bibledit config problem

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] Bibledit config problem
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 21:02:38 +0200

Hi Kim,

On Fri, 2011-05-13 at 12:38 +1000, Kim Blewett wrote:
> What I noticed right away was that this user had two (or maybe even
> three) instances of BE running.

I wonder how the user managed to open more than one instance of
Bibledit-Gtk. Bibledit-Gtk has in-built protection so it cannot run more
than one instance. Try clicking the icon, and notice that it fails to
run more than one instance.

> 1. I suspect that this might happen because users click on the Bibledit
> launcher and it takes a while to open; nothing shows on the screen
> because the launcher file is missing the key:
>      StartupNotify=true
> so they click again thinking it's not opening.
>
> This launcher key causes a spinner to run while BE opens, indicating
> that the computer is actually responding to my click. If this could be
> added to the default BE launcher it might be helpful.

Good tip! I've added the parameter to the launcher. It will be in the
git source by tomorrow.

> 2. Would it be possible to add to the command line of our BE launcher a
> way to force it to open maximized, please? This might not be desirable
> for "average" BE users, but it would help our beginning Balsa users a
> lot, I think, especially on their small netbooks.

Will look at this and let you know.

Teus