[Bayonne-devel] Re: Brooktrout

From: Jim Ley
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Re: Brooktrout
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 19:16:02 -0000

"David Sugar" <address@hidden> wrote in message
news:address@hidden

> I actually have a brooktrout card here for testing, but I had been
unable
> to get their latest beta sdk to test it with, although I have a much
older
> beta to try it with.  If we could get a current sdk, and it seems
likely
> they will actually release a linux sdk, then I think we could get a
driver
> running very quickly.

I don't quite understand why the latest SDK isn't available for
download - it is at least mentioned in the FAQ's.  As an owner of a few
units, I can probably hurry on their support guys to get a copy of the
linux SDK, I've also got applications running currently on WinNT, should
I look to develop a driver myself? - I'm not sure I've got the
experience, but I'd give it a go.

I assume a driver is basically taking the  "dummy" driver and
implementing all the stubs to actually do something?

Cheers,

Jim.