Re: [avrdude-dev] New programmer support

From: Dmitriy Kanareykin
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] New programmer support
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 13:48:11 +0300

JW> Так привет, а добро пожалуйвать у нас!

Привет! Спасибо! :)

JW> Are you sure it functions as a USBasp?

No, I think that it does not function as USBasp, it just uses its
VID:PID pair. When I plugged it in, Windows found it as "Yao P-Pro",
then, while searching for the driver automatically, it changed its
name to USBasp (I can only assume that it's because of the VID:PID
pair).

JW> Even if they use the USBasp VID:PID pair, they could implement
JW> a virtual serial port on top of that.  You'd have to find out
JW> which port name your OS assigned to it, and then try:

Unfortunately, they don't implement a virtual serial port. When
the device is plugged, it's shown under "libusb-win32 devices" item as
the normal USBasp is. There is no "Ports (COM & LPT)" entry at all.
And the programmer works with Chinese software, so it seems to be the
intended behaviour.

--
Best regards,
 Dmitriy                            mailto:address@hidden