Re: [avrdude-dev] New programmer support

From: Rene Liebscher
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] New programmer support
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 17:54:29 +0200

   Hi,
   could you just try usbasp-clone instead of usbasp as the latter
   requires the vendor string [1]fischl.de.
   Rene

   Am 05.04.2016, 12:48, Dmitriy Kanareykin <address@hidden>
   schrieb:

     JW> Tak privet, a dobro pozhalujvat' u nas!
     Privet! Spasibo! :)
     JW> Are you sure it functions as a USBasp?
     No, I think that it does not function as USBasp, it just uses its
     VID:PID pair. When I plugged it in, Windows found it as "Yao P-Pro",
     then, while searching for the driver automatically, it changed its
     name to USBasp (I can only assume that it`s because of the VID:PID
     pair).
     JW> Even if they use the USBasp VID:PID pair, they could implement
     JW> a virtual serial port on top of that. You`d have to find out
     JW> which port name your OS assigned to it, and then try:
     Unfortunately, they don`t implement a virtual serial port. When
     the device is plugged, it`s shown under "libusb-win32 devices" item
     as
     the normal USBasp is. There is no "Ports (COM & LPT)" entry at all.
     And the programmer works with Chinese software, so it seems to be
     the
     intended behaviour.
     --
     Best regards,