[avrdude-dev] [bug #41561] AVRDUDE 6.0.1/USBasp doesn't write first byte

From: Randy Perkins
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #41561] AVRDUDE 6.0.1/USBasp doesn't write first bytes of flash page
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 15:20:12 +0000

Follow-up Comment #27, bug #41561 (project avrdude):

Hello

Even though that bug has been closed for nearly one year, I do not believe the
released version of avrdude has been fixed.  My comment verifying the
resolution states that  'r1343 resolved this issue'.  Looking at the first
line of your attached avrdude.conf, you can see that avrdude 6.1 is revision
1294 of the avrdude source tree

  # $Id: avrdude.conf.in 1294 2014-03-12 23:03:18Z joerg_wunsch $ -*- text
-*-

Furthermore you can see the same information by viewing the tags directory of
the avrdude source tree.
http://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/tags/RELEASE_6_1/?root=avrdude
This will also show that RELEASE_6_1 of the avrdude src is revision 1294.

1294 < 1343

So unless your packager of avrdude cherry pics this patch or until a new
release of avrdude is produced, this bug is still active in the latest release
of avrdude.

You do have the option of compiling a more recent version of avrdude .  If you
are on linux there are 2 solutions listed here
http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=5036#p89779.
If on a mac then maybe you can search the web for a more recent compiled
version.

Of course I could be mistaken about my understanding and hopefully Joerg will
make better sense of the current situation .

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?41561>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/