[avrdude-dev] ERE EMBMega32 board and avrdude.conf

From: Nathan Smith
Subject: [avrdude-dev] ERE EMBMega32 board and avrdude.conf
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:38:56 +1000

Ok, I'm using the standard download cable (ISP-AVR) for the ERE Mega32 board (www.ere.co.th).

I emailed them and got the lpt pin out.

I've tried (1) setting up my own, new, programmer in avrdude.conf and (2) modifying another entry to suit the ERE ISP-AVR cable.

Unfortunately nothing I've done works.

The download cable uses a 7407 buffer and the pinout has a pin out for the parallel port has a pin labelled "CONT" along with "MOSI, SCK, RES etc". Within the download cable, "CONT" is tied high. Could this "CONT" pin need to be pulsed to get it to download? And if so what should I try within avrdude to get it is pulse or whatever anyone suggests here.

Thanks