[avrdude-dev] Safemode patch feedback

From: E. Weddington
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Safemode patch feedback
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:58:52 -0700

Hi Colin!

I was reviewing your patch for the Safe Mode. It looks pretty good AFAICT, and I'd like to get this in soon.

Here are some things that I noticed, though:

1. Patch to main.c: remove the remarked out -s switch in the usage.

2. Patch to main.c: In the call to getopt the -u switch has a colon after it which means that the swtich requires an argument. It looks like the -u switch does not take an
argument so the colon should be removed from the getopt call.

3. safemode.c: You mix hard tabs and spaces in your indentation which makes it difficult to read. Is there anyway you can use one or the other?

4. Add a patch to the AUTHORS file with your name as a contributer. ;-)

5. Add a patch to the NEWS file describing the feature. Put it about the line that says "Current" as that was really for 4.4 (and needs to be changed to that).

Unless anybody else wants to take a look at it (Brian?), I'll see about committing this tomorrow.

Thanks!
Eric