Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude vs avrprog

From: Erick Castillo
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude vs avrprog
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 18:08:31 -0800 (PST)

> Are you taking the hex file that you created on your FreeBSD box and
> trying to download that to the AVR from the Windows box?  Or are you
> compiling and doing everything from the Windows box?  Not that that
> should matter, I don't think.

I tried both. Used the hex file generated on the FreeBSD box and that
generated on the Windows box. Both seem to "crash" on the controller.

> After downloading the hex file, does the verify check pass?

The verify check passes most of the time. I find I need to adjust the
connector a bit to get it right sometimes. This is partially due to the
horrible set up I have available to me.... a plugboard... enough said.

> Just curious, what programmer are you using?

The programmer is just a variation of the AVR ISP programmer only I don't
use the LS244 I use an HC573 which I think should work just as well... it
serves the same purpose as a buffer at least.

Diagnostic code I run appears to work fine. I can light LEDs like mad...
of course, that's just useless =)

I appreciate the attention to this email. Thanks for your time.

--Erick