Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude vs avrprog

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude vs avrprog
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 20:37:48 -0500

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 05:24:05PM -0800, Erick Castillo wrote:

> avrdude. For some odd reason, the hex files I generated and loaded onto
> the controller through FreeBSD don't work quite the same when I use
> avrdude. In fact, they don't work at all. Are there any major differences
> between the two systems that I should know about?

Not that I'm aware of.  Very little of the core code has changed.

> I mean, I can't for the
> life of me get an interrupt driven UART on the atmega16 anymore! Any
> suggestions?

Are you taking the hex file that you created on your FreeBSD box and
trying to download that to the AVR from the Windows box?  Or are you
compiling and doing everything from the Windows box?  Not that that
should matter, I don't think.

After downloading the hex file, does the verify check pass?

Just curious, what programmer are you using?

-Brian
--
Brian Dean
address@hidden