[avrdude-dev] avrdude vs avrprog

From: Erick Castillo
Subject: [avrdude-dev] avrdude vs avrprog
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:24:05 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,
I've just recently started using avrdude for the Windows machine. I was
using avrprog with FreeBSD and it was working fine but I needed something
to install in a lab with only windows machines so I transferred over to
avrdude. For some odd reason, the hex files I generated and loaded onto
the controller through FreeBSD don't work quite the same when I use
avrdude. In fact, they don't work at all. Are there any major differences
between the two systems that I should know about? I mean, I can't for the
life of me get an interrupt driven UART on the atmega16 anymore! Any
suggestions?

--Erick