Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude and WinXP

From: Bruce D. Lightner (La Jolla Shores)
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude and WinXP
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:27:01 -0800

Sander,

> The DDK can be downloaded for free I'm pretty sure. I use it and
> don't recall ordering it.

A recent policy change by Microsoft [sigh].  As you probably know, it
was a "monster" download...no doubt the reason.  The only "good news" is
that you can order multiple copies of the DDK CDROM for the same
"shipping and handling fee".  That's $15 plus tax shipped in the US.  It
cost me $16.16 here in California for two copies.

It's in fact called the "Windows Driver Development Kit (DDK)", but it
loads everything into "NTDDK"...the old "NTDDK" if you ask me.  You can
order it from...

  http://www.microsoft.com/ddk/orderxpsp1ddk.asp

Best regards,

Bruce