Re: [avrdude-dev] file permissions and cvs

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] file permissions and cvs
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 13:25:59 -0500

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 09:42:12AM +0100, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> Do you think we could convince the people there for such a feature?
> It could perhaps be handled on a per-project base, so projects that
> which this feature apply for it (and then have to trust their
> developers that it won't be abused).

I think this would be very worthwile.  The worst that could happen is
that they say no.  I don't know how difficult it would be for them to
implement, and keep folks from accidentally messing up other project
areas.  Maybe as an alternative, they could give one of us a "shell"
account instead, and that person could perform any direct repo work
for the group.  The admins might find that more palatable than opening
up rsync, but I'm not sure.  May you could propose both and see what
their response is?

-Brian