Re: [avrdude-dev] file permissions and cvs

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] file permissions and cvs
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 09:01:25 -0700

On 4 Mar 2003 at 21:05, Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to get cvs to change the file permissions on a file
> in the repo? I've noticed that all the files the Eric has checked have
> the execute perm bits set. I'm not really a big fan of giving a file
> more permissions that it needs.
>
> Eric, is there any way to have your cvs client set the permissions?
> There is a CVSUMASK environment variable. Ah, but the cvs manual says
> that is unreliable. Durn.

Let me know if you want me to try anything. On my system I don't have
much of a need to fuss with file permissions a la Unix. And honestly
I'm less familiar with Unix file permissions. If you want me to do a
chmod before I check files in I can do that. You'll just have to let
me know a command line, etc.

Sorry if this is causing more headache. (And here I think I've
finally gotten the damn CR thing worked out!)

Eric