RE: [avr-libc-dev] Patches for 1.7.1?

From: Boyapati, Anitha
Subject: RE: [avr-libc-dev] Patches for 1.7.1?
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 12:55:43 +0800

>> Hi Ruud,
>>
>> First off, does binutils and gcc patch cleanly and build correctly?
>
>Yes, with versions:
>  binutils: 20.1
>  gcc: 4.4.3
>  mpfr: 3.0.0
>  gmp: 5.0.1
>All patches accepted with (small) offsets for most hunks.

Versions to be used are:
GCC      - 4.5.1.
Binutils - 2.20.1

The patches are named after corresponding versions. AVR Toolchain 3.1.0 and
3.2.0 releases use same gcc and binutils versions.

>However, the problems with
>  40-avr-libc-1.7.1-xmega32X1.patch
>  41-avr-libc-1.7.1-xmega128b1.patch
>remain. It could be related to
>  http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=731525
>but i do not have the 'unknown MCU' in my output, so it is
>probably something else.

The build errors can be safely ignored. This is because of empty io header
files used for xmega32X1 and Xmega128B1. gcrt1.S requires some definitions like
__VECTORS_SIZE to be initialized in header files. Since it does not find them,
gcrt1.S could not expand 'vectors' macro for those devices.

HTH
Anitha